The darling little Bewick Wrens .. their beautiful nest has been blown out of the hangglider bag twice already … so now they are building another nest somewhere in the yard.
Last week I walked down to the Compost Center for a workshop .. loved the long walk and enjoyed the blossoms along the way .. here they are on Blanshard Street. Spring is definitely here.
And I’d just finished crossing at the lights, passed this and had to walk back and take a photo ..love these graphics!
Back at home .. wandering around the yard, re-discovering some beautiful plants that I’d purchased last fall .. I’d always wanted a Hellebore and had forgotten this one! Darling little plant .. I will put this one in a colourful pottery container!
Muscari flowers .. tiny little bulbs that I’d placed in some pots last year .. flowering away like mad. Diminutive but powerful in their graceful beauty.
And the Salmonberry plants are bursting forth in bud and flower!
Another of the many things that I love in this life .. is imagining that tiny little beings, faeries, dwell in the garden. If this were so, then these Salmonberry flowers would be perfect for them to use as tiny hats, don’t you think? Imagination is a fun thing.
Lovely blue skies with dreamy white clouds gently painted over. We’ve had some massive skies recently .. gigantic cloud streets of enormous white cumulus entities soaring overhead. This photo isn’t from one of those days. I could only look at those skies .. my camera lens isn’t big enough to do justice to those skies. These I can handle! 🙂
Tenacity of growing things! These little plants rested all winter and now are growing up through the burlap-lined pathways in the veggie patch! The burlap will disintegrate and I have more to place on top of them for this year.
The rose bush at the side of the house is sporting new growth .. this is a tenacious and lovely rose!
I’ve been a bit reluctant to get back into my gardening – spending time on practicing my fiddle – it has become my new focus, temporarily replacing my love of gardening, beading, sewing, drumming! After all .. there are only so many hours in the day.
Time passes so quickly .. I looked at my little music notebook recently .. I’d begun taking lessons in 1996! Then my violin stayed hidden in its case for many years until I dusted it off last July and began again with a new teacher!
And I’ve been changing a few things about my violin accoutrements.. but more on that tomorrow.
Today I am happy because:
- procrastination overcome and I’ve blogged again!
- I’ve just spent a huge chunk of time talking with a friend about priorities so have set some for myself. It’s a good exercise and I feel energized already. Have you ever noticed that, sometimes, when things are weighing a bit on your mind and you could really use a friend to talk it over .. that friend appears in your life?
- Because of this I’ve decided to “step back” a bit and spend more time on what really fills me with joy. And tomorrow I will blog about that!
- It is still Saturday morning and I’ve realized that Camosun College is hosting a plant sale at Royal Rhodes so why am I still in my jammies and not in my jeans, in the car, racing to the plant sale? Just give me 5 minutes and I’m on my happy little way!
- and finally .. I am happy .. just because (cause ya don’t really need a reason!)